Each year we send a canvass form to all residential properties to check who is eligible to register to vote. We then publish the revised electoral register on 1 December.
This year you will receive an email or a letter from us. You will be asked to confirm that the names of people listed as eligible to vote in your household is correct.
Read the information in your email or letter carefully to:
- Check whether you need to respond
- That all the information is correct
Responding to the canvass form promptly can save time and expense to the taxpayer and can avoid receiving reminders and personal visits.
How to respond
Follow the instructions on your email or letter. You may not need to do anything if your details have not changed.
It is quicker to respond using online or text options. You will need your unique two-part security code printed on the form.
You can reply:
- online at householdresponse.com/torbay
- by phone 0800 197 9871at any time and enter your two-part security codes when prompted
- by text or SMS to 80212and in the message type NO CHANGE followed by your security codes
- by post, make sure you complete the form fully, provide all the information requested and that you have signed the form
What happens next
The form lists everyone currently registered to vote at the property, and we use this to update the information on the electoral register.
By completing and returning the form you are not registering to vote, only informing us of the names of the people who should be on the electoral register at the property.
- ADD someone to the form, they will be sent an 'Invitation to Register Form' so that they can register to vote. They can also easily register online at Register to vote - GOV.UK
- DELETE anyone from the form, we will write to the individual to confirm they no longer live there
Special category electors
Your name will not appear on the form sent to the property if you are a special category elector, such as a service voter or overseas elector.
About the Electoral Register
The Electoral Register is not published in the months of October or November during the Annual Canvass. The revised register will be published on 1 December 2022. This is a statutory requirement.
If you have any questions about the form or your electoral registration, you can:
- How the council works
- Get a job working for us
- Leader of the Council
- Get in touch
- Voting and elections
- Finance and budgets
- Plans, policies and strategies
- Information and data
- Civic Mayor
- Brixham Town Council
- Pay an invoice
- Performance Management
- Fraud within or against the council
- 0-19yrs Integrated Commissioning Project
- 0to19 Integrated Contract
- Achievements, Honours and Awards
- Social Value
- Climate Change