The Economic Strategy provides a five year plan for growing and developing Torbay’s economy. It sets out the objectives and actions for long term sustainable and productive growth, drawing upon its strengths and emerging opportunities.
The four primary objectives of the Economic Strategy are to:
- Deliver a successful town centre regeneration programme.
- Continue to create an environment in which businesses and jobs can grow.
- Accelerate the development of employment space geared to business needs.
- Raise skills levels and broaden the skills base within the workforce.
Sets out a clear plan for improving productivity, raising employment, increasing training and apprenticeship opportunities, and addressing worklessness and deprivation, to ensure the long term sustainable growth of Torbay’s economy.
This document has been produced to inform the refreshed Torbay Economic Strategy. In 2010 the TDA produced the Torbay Economic Assessment which set out in detail the local economic picture. In reviewing the Economic Strategy 2017-2022, this evidence base provides a brief update on the latest economic data to inform the refreshed Strategy.
- How the council works
- Get a job working for us
- Leader of the Council
- Get in touch
- Voting and elections
- Finance and budgets
- Plans, policies and strategies
- Information and data
- Civic Mayor
- Honorary Freeman of Torbay
- Brixham Town Council
- Pay an invoice
- Performance Management
- Achievements and awards
- Fraud within or against the council
- Fit for the future
- 0-19yrs Integrated Commissioning Project
- Community Governance Review of Torbay
- Preparing for Brexit