We have high aspirations for Torbay; we want it to be a place where we have turned the tide on poverty and tackled inequalities; where our children and older people will have high aspirations for themselves and where there are quality jobs, good pay and affordable housing for our residents.
We want Torbay to be the premier resort in the UK, with a vibrant arts and cultural offer for our residents and visitors to enjoy; where our built and natural environment is celebrated and where we play our part in addressing the climate change emergency.
To achieve this we only recruit the best - people who are forward-thinking, adaptable with a clear customer orientated focus and who always act with integrity. In return, you will receive excellent employment terms and conditions and the opportunity to work for an organisation that recognises and values the contributions of its employees.
At Torbay, we are very proud to have a workforce that is committed and hard-working. In return we can offer the following:
- 25 days annual leave plus additional bank holidays and extra days for long service
- Equal pay
- A Career Average Re-valued Earnings (CARE) pension scheme through Peninsula Pensions
- A diverse range of career opportunities
- Work Life Balance options including a flexi-scheme (in most areas), career break scheme, home working, flexible retirement
- Family friendly benefits such flexible working, paid maternity, adoption and paternity leave schemes (where eligible), paid leave for fertility treatment
- Equal Opportunities policies
- Competitive salaries
- A healthy work environment which includes an Occupational Health and a Counselling and Employee Assistance Programme and a Wellbeing at Work Information Toolkit
- Employee Reward Scheme - online and in-store access to a range of local and national discounts exclusively for our employees;
- Professional Coaching Service for employees development
- Learning and development opportunities to support personal and career development
- Cycle scheme
- Eye care vouchers