We have had to change the way that some of our service operates to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.

If someone living in your home is a foreign language assistant and without them only one ‘adult’ lives there, you can apply for a 25 percent discount on your council tax.

You may not have to pay council tax if there are only foreign language assistants living in the property.

A person is a foreign language assistant if they:

  • Are registered with the Central Bureau of Educational Visits & Exchange
  • Work as a foreign language assistant at a school or other educational institution in Great Britain

We will need proof from the school of the placement which also confirms the dates they are working.

  Tell us someone is a foreign language assistant