We have had to change the way that some of our service operates to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.

If you think there is a problem with your council tax bill you should tell us. It could be that the bill is in the wrong name, you think the amount you are being charged is wrong, or you don’t agree with a decision we’ve made.

  Contact us

Appealing against the amount of your council tax

If you still think our decision is wrong or we don’t get back to you within 2 months you can then appeal to the Valuation Tribunal Service (VTS). You must contact us first about what you think is wrong, if you write directly to the VTS your appeal will not be considered by them.

The VTS is an independent body not connected to the council that will arrange a hearing and then make a decision on your case.

You can find out more information and how to appeal from The Valuation Tribunal Service Opens in a new window.

If you think your banding is wrong

The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) is responsible for setting the bands for council tax properties. 

  Check your council tax band Opens in a new window

If you think your banding is wrong you should contact the VOA to appeal, not us. You must continue to pay your existing bill while you are waiting for the results of an appeal.

  Challenge your council tax band Opens in a new window