We have had to change the way that some of our service operates to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.

There is certain information we need when someone dies, about them and the property they lived in.

If there is another person over 18 years old still living in the property, they could become responsible for paying the council tax from the date of the death. If they live alone or are the only person over 18 years old living in the property, they may be able to get a reduced bill this is called single person discount.

If the person who passed away lived alone, you may not have to pay council tax if the property forms part of the deceased estate and remains unoccupied.

  Tell us a resident has died

If you used the Tell Us Once service when registering the death and asked them to tell us so we could amend the council tax for the property then you do not need to complete this form.