Applications for all energy rebate schemes have now closed.
Council Tax Rebate Scams
- We will NOT call you to ensure you have received all the energy support you are due.
- We will NOT call you asking for your bank details in return for your energy support payment
If you receive a call like this, it is a scam and you should report it here
£150 core scheme for households in Band A to D
Applications for this scheme have now closed.
To ensure no household misses out, we will send out a revised bill for 2022/23 to:
- any eligible households that did not apply
- any household we have been unable to verify the bank details for
If this means your bill is in credit you can apply for a refund.
We have £375,750 to provide support to other energy bill payers not eligible under the terms of the core scheme.
We gave this to:
- Care experienced young people aged 17 to 25. Each person who applied received £100
- People living in houses in multiple occupations. Each person who applied received £100
Applications are now closed. The deadline for applications was 23:59pm on Sunday 30 October 2022.
The discretionary fund will also support:
- Households eligible for Council Tax Support and are of working age living in Band E properties and above. £150 per household.
- We will distribute the remaining allocation to households in Band E and F. £47.50 per household.
If you pay by direct debit and we have successfully taken a payment, the rebate will be refunded by BACS directly to your bank account. If you are not a direct debit payer (this includes standing order) you will receive a credit on your Council Tax bill. This will reduce the required ongoing payments.
For further enquiries relating to the Energy Rebate scheme
Call us on 01803 207201 and select option 2
You must still make the payments shown on your most recent council tax bill once you get the payment.
If you are worried about paying your bill, visit these pages:
Council tax rebate scams
We know there are council tax scams for the £150 council tax rebate.
If you receive a phone call asking for your bank details in exchange for the £150 rebate, do not pass these on. Report scam text messages by forwarding them to 7726 for free or contact Action Fraud.
Contact Energy Rebate enquiry
- £150 council tax rebate
- Homes for Ukraine Scheme
- Tell us about a move or any changes
- Bill reductions, exemptions and discounts
- Behind or struggling with your payments
- Paying your bill
- Upload your documents and evidence
- Other information
- Make an enquiry about your council tax
- Council Tax Support
- Check your account online