Applications for all energy rebate schemes have now closed.
Council Tax Rebate Scams
- We will NOT call you to ensure you have received all the energy support you are due.
- We will NOT call you asking for your bank details in return for your energy support payment
If you receive a call like this, it is a scam and you should report it here
£150 core scheme for households in Band A to D
Applications for this scheme have now closed.
To ensure no household misses out, we will send out a revised bill for 2022/23 to:
- any eligible households that did not apply
- any household we have been unable to verify the bank details for
If this means your bill is in credit you can apply for a refund.
Apply for an energy rebate refund
We have £375,750 to provide support to other energy bill payers not eligible under the terms of the core scheme.
We gave this to:
- Care experienced young people aged 17 to 25. Each person who applied received £100
- People living in houses in multiple occupations. Each person who applied received £100
Applications are now closed. The deadline for applications was 23:59pm on Sunday 30 October 2022.
The discretionary fund will also support:
- Households eligible for Council Tax Support and are of working age living in Band E properties and above. £150 per household.
- We will distribute the remaining allocation to households in Band E and F. £47.50 per household.
If you pay by direct debit and we have successfully taken a payment, the rebate will be refunded by BACS directly to your bank account. If you are not a direct debit payer (this includes standing order) you will receive a credit on your Council Tax bill. This will reduce the required ongoing payments.
Read the full Council Tax Rebate - Discretionary Fund Policy
For further enquiries relating to the Energy Rebate scheme
Call us on 01803 207201
You must still make the payments shown on your most recent council tax bill once you get the payment.
If you are worried about paying your bill, visit these pages:
Council tax rebate scams
We know there are council tax scams for the £150 council tax rebate.
If you receive a phone call asking for your bank details in exchange for the £150 rebate, do not pass these on. Report scam text messages by forwarding them to 7726 for free or contact Action Fraud.
Contact Energy Rebate enquiry
- £150 council tax rebate
- Homes for Ukraine Scheme
- Tell us about a move or any changes
- Bill reductions, exemptions and discounts
- Behind or struggling with your payments
- Paying your bill
- Upload your documents and evidence
- Other information
- Make an enquiry about your council tax
- Council Tax Support
- Check your account online