Many people have some debt or worry about money at some time during their lives and may need help to deal with it.
If you are struggling with money or worried about debt, it's important to deal with the problem straight away, the longer you ignore it, the worse the situation becomes.
There are a number of different ways to deal with money problems. You may not be receiving all the money you're entitled to, you could make savings on your utility bills or you need help organising your finances more efficiently.
The organisations below offer free advice and assistance in dealing with money and debts:
- National Debt Line Opens in a new window
- Money Advice Service Opens in a new window
- Homemaker Southwest Opens in a new window
- Step Change Opens in a new window
- The Debt Advice Foundation Opens in a new window
- PayPlan Opens in a new window
- Debt Support Trust Opens in a new window
- Talk About Debt Opens in a new window
- Seafarers' Advice and Information Line (SAIL) Opens in a new window
- Christians Against Poverty Opens in a new window
You can also access your credit report for £2.
Energy and utilities
Advice on how to save money on energy bills and use less water.
Information on energy grants that could help reduce bills.
Information on grants available
Other help and advice
Advice for older people, their family, friends and carers.
Provide support to unpaid carers.
- Family Information Service
Advice on health and money matters for families, including childcare.
Visit clients and carers to complete financial assessments for social care services and offer full benefits advice.
Advice on preventing homelessness and promote independence.
- Provide support to service personnel.
Grants and other funding
For help and advice
Food parcels, furniture and advice
Contact Council Tax
- Homes for Ukraine Scheme
- Tell us about a move or any changes
- Bill reductions, exemptions and discounts
- Behind or struggling with your payments
- Paying your bill
- Upload your documents and evidence
- Other information
- Make an enquiry about your council tax
- Council Tax Support
- Check your account online