The Supporting Troubled Families programme gives us access to an Employment Support Adviser, the adviser is available to provide intensive and flexible one to one help and support to assist you take those all important steps into employment for those that can and benefit support for those that need it. They can meet you informally for a chat at a time, date and location convenient for you and offer a range of services that can be tailored to your needs including:
- Benefits advice
- A calculation that shows how work will affect your current benefits and how much better off in work you could be.
- Information on local voluntary work opportunities.
- Help to find the right work experience opportunity for you, giving you a valuable work reference
- Help and support to compile a CV, mock interview skills and preparation.
- Information on local training opportunities, jobs and apprenticeships.
- Information on additional financial help available to you to help overcome barriers to work
- Help to improve confidence and motivation and much more
Employment Leaflet and Referral form for Support (Troubled) Families
Please use this form if you would like to refer yourself to our Employment Adviser.
Contact Supporting (Troubled) Families
- Adopt a child
- Become a foster carer
- Family Information Service Directory
- Get help for a child at risk
- Services and support
- Find a social work job
- Strategies and policies
- Complain about children's social care
- Private fostering
- Child employment
- Peninsula Commissioning and Procurement Partnership