If you harvest shellfish, a completed registration document must accompany each batch at all times if you are transporting them.
Registration documents help us to trace shellfish and are designed to ensure that shellfish placed on the market are safe to eat.
A completed registration document must accompany each batch of live bivalve molluscs (e.g. cockles, clams, mussels and oysters), and marine gastropods (e.g. winkles, whelks) at all times during transport from the harvesting/production area to the place of destination.
You can request registration documents from the us.
- Requests for registration documents should be made five working days prior to needing them.
- A maximum of 50 documents can be issued at each request.
- The area where the shellfish are harvested must be within our area. If the collection area is outside of Torbay, please register with the local authority Opens in a new window area you are harvesting from.
- Business rates
- Commercial waste
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses