If you are planning to start up a childminding business that provides food as part of your service, you need to register with us.

All food handlers must be trained according to their type of work activity. The usual way for food handlers to be trained is to gain a Level 2 Certificate in Food Safety in Catering (formerly a Basic Food Hygiene Certificate). Torbay Council offer this training for further information view Food Safety Training

As a childminder you must put in place food safety management documentation. The Food Standards Agency has produced Safer food, better business for childminders Opens in a new window; the pack gives simple, straightforward advice on food safety, including information on feeding babies and children, cooking, cleaning, chilling and looking after a child with a food allergy. Download and complete the pack and keep up to date for inspection.