If you have received a bill for 2017/2018 which is for a higher amount than you were expecting, this could be due to a transitional adjustment. You can find information and examples of how it is calculated on our transitional adjustment page.

In the Spring Budget of 2017, the government announced a package to support small businesses. This included a relief for pubs that faced significant increases in their rate bills because of the 2017 revaluation.

Pubs with a rateable value up to £100,000 will be awarded a discount up to £1000 for one year from 1 April 2017.

For more detailed information on the scheme please read the Policy for Business Rates Discount for Public Houses.

Any relief awarded to pubs is classed as De Minimus State Aid Opens in a new window and you cannot receive more than €200,000 (around £180,000) within a 3 year period. This is the current year and the 2 previous years. If you have previously been awarded any De Minimus aid you would have received a written notification and will need to declare this to us.

Small Business Rate Relief is not classed as De Minimus State Aid and therefore does not need to be declared.

If you have not already been awarded this relief and you think you should qualify please complete the form below.

  Apply for Business Rate pub relief