We have had to change the way that some of our service operates to meet the guidelines set out by the government in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and to provide additional support for those affected.
The government is providing temporary funding to local authorities during the Coronavirus pandemic to give financial support to businesses.
There are currently two schemes that can be applied for the business support grants fund and the retail, hospitality and leisure business grants fund. Any grant awarded will be paid into the business bank account.
Only one grant can be awarded for an eligible property.
You may need to know the rateable value of the business. If you're not sure what the rateable value of your business property is, you can check it with the Valuation Office Agency Opens in a new window.
Business support grants fund
Grants of £10,000 will be available to all business properties that were receiving small business rate relief on 11 March 2020.
Properties which are occupied for personal use such as private stables, beach huts and moorings will not qualify for a grant, even if they are in receipt of small business rate relief.
Retail, hospitality and leisure business grants fund
Grants of up to £25,000 will be available to business properties depending on the rateable value. To qualify for a grant you must have been the ratepayer on the 11 March 2020.
The grants available are:
- £10,000 where the rateable value is £15,000 or below
- £25,000 where the rateable value is more than £15,000 but less than £51,000
- Properties with a rateable value of £51,000 or more are not eligible for this grant
Before you start your application you will need:
- Your Business Rate account number (six digits) as shown on your bill
- Your company number if a limited company
- Your business bank account details
- A recent copy of your bank statement, from the last three months, saved as an image to upload. We need this to verify your bank details and check your business has been active recently.
Payment of grants
Payment of the Business Grants are our priority. We will start processing applications as soon as we are able to after 1 April. We are expecting to process over 3,000 grants and are expecting the majority of payments to be made by the end of April. For the latest information please visit the financial support for businesses page.
Contact Business Rates
- Business rates
- Commercial waste
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses