If you pay for childcare we can reduce the amount of the earnings we use in your claim. This can be up to £175 for one child or £300 for two or more children each week. There are certain circumstances that must be met to use reduced earnings.
The child must be under 15 years old or under 16 if disabled.
Single parents must either:
- Work 16 hours or more a week
- Be on maternity leave and receiving statutory maternity pay or maternity allowance
Couples must either:
- Both work 16 hours or more a week
- One works 16 hours or more a week and the other is disabled, blind or is on maternity leave and receiving statutory ,maternity pay or maternity allowance
The childcare must be provided by:
- A registered childminder
- A childminding scheme where registration is not required (e.g. run by a school or LA)
- Any other out of hours scheme provided by a school on school premises or by a local authority - in this case only, the child must be aged 8 or more
The amount we can reduce your earnings by is up to a maximum of:
- £175.00 per week per CTS claim for claimants with one child or
- £300.00 per week per CTS claim for claimants with two or more children
We will need proof of the childcare you pay, please ask the childcare provider to complete a childcare payment form.
Childcare Payment Form
This form must be completely by registered childminders.