Most full time students can’t get Council Tax Support.
A full-time student is someone who is studying at college or university for 16 hours per week or more.
There are some exceptions:
- Lone-parent and lone foster parent students
- Student couples with children
- A student with a partner who is not a student - the partner must make the claim
- Pension age students or a student with a partner who is pension age
- Disabled students
- Students who get Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance or income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Students aged under 22 studying up to and including GCE 'A' Level or BTEC National Diploma or National Certificate
- Students whose course has been interrupted because of illness or they are caring for someone
If you are a student that can claim will need to complete the online application, a student details form and provide proof of any student income that you have such as grants and loans.9836
Fill us this form to inform us of your details as a student.
If you are a full time student and are not entitled to Council Tax Support, you may be entitled to a reduction in council tax.