We would encourage you to give us documents that will support your applications to us in electronic format as this will speed up your application.
These notes below explain the best way to prepare your documents to send them to us electronically.
You can submit documents in any of the following file formats (file extensions for each file type are shown in brackets):
- Adobe PDF (.pdf)
- JPG (.jpg)
- GIF (.gif)
- Excel (.xls)
- Word (.doc)
- CSV (.csv)
- Zip Files (.zip)
- TIFF (.tiff)
- Text File (.txt)
When sending us your documents please make sure:
- The combined size of files should not exceed 25 MB.
- Individual files should not exceed 5MB in order to ensure that download/viewing times are reasonable.
- Please try to keep file sizes as small as possible.
- Consider the resolution you use when scanning - 300 dpi is normally adequate for black and white.
When saving your file please try and include the following in the file name so that it helps us identify who it is from and what it is.
- Full name
- Post code
- Date of birth
- Type of evidence - use the following to show this
|Type of evidence||What to use|
|National Insurance Number||ni|