We work in partnership with families so that they are at the heart of discussions and decision making that affects their child. We also helps families plan the service that best suits them.
Early Support is for children and families who;
- Have a child under the age of 5
- Has a disability or special needs
- Needs help from 3 or more professionals not including your G.P. or health visitor
- Live in the Torbay area
You can make a referral by downloading and completing the form and sending it to us.
What happens next?
A keyworker will be appointed and will help you keep in contact with the different organisations and professionals that you and your child may be involved with.
Your keyworker will make sure you have all the relevant information that you need and that you understand it. They will ensure that all the people you are in contact with most meet regularly. A written plan (Family Outcomes Star) will be reviewed at these meetings to ensure you are receiving the best service to suit your needs.
Your keyworker will also:
- Be the first person you can contact with any questions or concerns.
- Keep in regular contact to offer information and support, this might be done over the phone or a home visits.
- Help with the Early Support materials which can be found at www.councilfordisabledchildren.org.uk Opens in a new window these include a family file, information booklets and booklets on specific conditions as well as developmental journals.
- Help with identifying and prioritising the needs of your child and family and this will help form your family using the Family Outcomes Star.
- Find a school
- School term dates
- Apply for a school place
- Free school meals
- Special educational needs and disability (SEND)
- School travel assistance
- Information for schools
- Adult learning
- Complain about a school
- Music in Torbay
- School governors
- Home Education
- Torbay School Relocation to Parkfield
- School Improvement
- Torbay Virtual School