We operate a number of resident's parking schemes also known as controlled parking zones (CPZs) in Torbay. These are areas where parking is restricted or reserved for permit holders only. Residents living within one of the CPZs can buy a resident parking permit if they meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The usual place of residence is within the CPZ or the applicant must spend at least four days and nights living and sleeping at the address for a minimum period of 13 consecutive weeks.
- Full Council Tax must be paid on the property (single occupancy is included as full Council Tax) - ie no discount for a second home.
- The applicant must be the registered keeper of the vehicle.
- The vehicle registration document must be in the name and address of the applicant within the CPZ.
- The size of the vehicle - height not exceeding six feet ten inches (208.28 cms) and length does not exceed eighteen feet (548.64 cms), ie short or medium wheel base transit.
The cost of each permit is £30. Initially up to two permits per household will be issued, a separate application form for each permit must be completed.
The following forms are downloadable paper versions of the above online forms.
Visitors or tradesmen who want to park in permit holders only bays within a CPZ need to display a valid visitors parking permit. Anyone who currently lives in a CPZ can purchase these permits, and a maximum of 100 will be issued per calendar year.
Visitor permits are issued in books of 10 at a cost of £10 per book. Each permit is valid for use at any time up to 12 months from the month of purchase, and when activated the permit allows parking within your CPZ for one calendar day. They are non-renewable on expiry.
Within the controlled parking zone there are limited resident parking bays. Use of these bays during the enforcement periods will be for valid permit holders subject to availability. Purchase of an annual or daily permit does not guarantee access to a parking bay.