We offer a car park permit for eligible Blue Badge holders allowing them to park in any pay and display car parks owned by us. This does not include the Harbour and Lower Union Lane car parks which are both pay on exit.

The permit must only be used when the blue badge holder is in the vehicle and it should be displayed with the valid blue badge.

In order to be eligible for a disabled parking permit you must be in receipt of one of the following:

  • Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • War pensioners’ mobility supplement (WPMS)

You will need to provide proof of your entitlement which must be dated within the last 12 months.

If you are not in receipt of one of these benefits it is unlikely that you will qualify for a permit but you can still apply. You should provide a letter from your doctor or health care professional explaining how your disability affects your mobility and whether the reduced mobility is related to your age. You must pay any fee charged for supplying this information.

The permit can be displayed alongside your Blue Badge in your nominated vehicle, entitling you to the above concessions.

Please note, your nominated vehicles registration number will be printed on you disabled parking permit. If you change your vehicle, your permit will need to be replaced. In order to do this please return the permit, along with details of the new registration number and the administration charge of £20 to:

DPP Permit Section
Parking Services
PO Boxx 422

Once we have received this a replacement permit will be issued for your new badge. 

Applications and renewals

  Apply for or renew a disabled parking permit 

  Download a disabled parking permit application or renewal form

  Amend your existing parking permit

Complete the online application to apply for a disabled parking permit, or to renew your existing permit if this is due to expire within the next calendar month. In order to minimise delays please make sure you read the application form carefully and provide all the required evidence. An administration charge of £40 is payable upon application and you should allow up to 15 working days (starting from the date we receive your completed application form and valid evidence) before receiving your disabled parking permit.


If your permit is lost, defaced or damaged it will need to be replaced. To replace your permit contact Parking Services as soon as possible for us to help you. Please be aware that replacing a lost, damaged or defaced permit carries an administration charge of £20.

Failing to display your permit or displaying a damaged or defaced permit may result in the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice. We would advise you find alternate legal parking whilst we resolve the situation for you and contact us as soon as possible to arrange for a replacement.