You do not need a licence to display goods or A boards on the road or pavement and we will not remove goods displayed outside of business premises provided they are compliant with the following provisions:
- More than 1.5 meter of unobstructed pavement remains usable outside of the display
- The display does not protrude greater than 600mm (2 feet) from the curtilage of the premises
- The display is entirely contained within the boundary of the premises
- There is no obstruction to any other premises, doorway, fire escape or any piece of highway or utility company property
- The goods are not in any way fixed to the highway surface or any piece of street furniture
- The goods are not in any way dangerous to the public ie flammable, sharp, damaged or liable to be blown away
- Goods suspended over the highway are no lower than 2.1m above the walking surface.
- Goods are not left out whilst the premises is closed.
- Goods must be removed for the purposes of other roadworks or maintenance
We reserves the right to remove things deposited on roads and pavements Opens in a new window where breaches occur.