To keep the use of landfill sites to a minimum and to keep a clean and green environment, we encourage you to reduce, reuse and recycle as much as possible. Anything which you cannot recycle please use your wheeled residual (non-recyclable) waste bin.
Most households are provided with a wheeled bin for any general household rubbish that cannot be recycled. This will be collected fortnightly.
Wheeled bins must be out for collection on the edge of your property by 6am on your collection day.
You can recycle:
- General household rubbish that cannot be recycled
- Non packaging plastic e.g. toys and plant pots
- Black plastic food trays
- Plastic wrapping e.g. cling film and plastic bags
You can not recycle:
- No recyclable waste
- No food waste
- No garden waste
- No DIY waste
- No bulky household waste
- No Clinical Waste
- No hazardous waste e.g. asbestos or plasterboard
Please note: Items that are not collected and should not be placed in either your residual (non-recyclable) waste bin or your recycling boxes are hardcore and rubble waste from building/construction work or hazardous waste. Both of these items should be taken to the Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC).
- Christmas refuse and recycling
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Pledge to Compost
- Waste Disposal
- Litter and litter bins
- Visit Plymouth Energy from Waste Facility and Combined Heat and Power Plant