Depending on where you live you may have been provided with a seagull proof bag, which should be used for anything you cannot recycle.
All houses with a seagull proof sack will receive a weekly collection.
The bags are clearly marked 'Property of Torbay Council' but it is your responsibility to look after it. Lost, stolen or damaged bags should be reported to TOR2 immediately.
You can recycle:
- General household rubbish that cannot be recycled
- Non packaging plastic e.g. toys and plant pots
- Black plastic food trays
- Plastic wrapping e.g. cling film and plastic bags
You can not recycle:
- No loose rubbish
- No recyclable waste
- No food waste
- No garden waste
- No DIY waste
- No bulky household waste
- No Clinical Waste
- No hazardous waste e.g. asbestos or plasterboard
Please note: Items that are not collected and should not be placed in either your residual (non-recyclable) waste bin or your recycling boxes are hardcore and rubble waste from building/construction work or hazardous waste. Both of these items should be taken to the Household Waste and Recycling Centre (HWRC).
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass