Food waste is collected weekly with your recycling boxes.
Households are provided with both a small food caddy to use in the kitchen and a larger food waste bin to store outside. Keep your larger food waste bin locked when it is outside by closing the lid then swinging the handle over the front.
You can line your caddy using any type of plastic bag including supermarket carrier bags, sandwich bags, pedal bin liners and bread bags. Previously, residents could use only newspaper or compostable bags to line their caddies. To keep your caddy clean we recommend that you line it with either a plastic bag or newspaper.
Please put your large food waste bin out at the edge of your property, alongside your recycling boxes, by 6am on the day of collection.
You can recycle:
- All cooked and uncooked food waste can be recycled in your food waste bin including the following;
- Fruit and vegetables
- Meat and fish
- Cheese and dairy products
- Bread, pasta, rice and cereals
- Tea bags and coffee grounds
- Plate scrapings
You can not recycle:
- No bones
- No plastic food wrapping
- No cardboard
- No garden waste or cut flowers
- No oils or liquids
- Christmas refuse and recycling
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Pledge to Compost
- Waste Disposal
- Litter and litter bins