You can recycle your grass cuttings and other garden waste by taking them to the Recycling Centre.
TOR2 also offer a cash on collection service for collecting garden waste from households in Torbay. This service is offered at a charge of £6 for up to 8 bags and £1 for every additional bag. For further details of this service or to arrange a collection, please phone 01803 701316.
Monthly garden waste collection points operate in Brixham and Torquay every month between February and November. Torbay residents can take their household garden waste to the collection point between the hours of 9am and 1pm. The waste is then sent for composting.
Restrictions: These services are for household garden waste only. No plastic bags, soil, rubble or branches over 10cm (4 inches) in diameter. No commercial waste. Please do not deposit any waste at the sites outside of the dates and times listed below. Anyone seen doing so is likely to be prosecuted for fly tipping.
Venue: Brixham Community College, Higher Ranscombe Road, Brixham
Date: First Sunday of every month (not December or January)
Time: 9 am to 1pm only
- Sunday 4 February 2018
- Sunday 4 Mach 2018
- Sunday 1 April 2018
- Sunday 6 May 2018
- Sunday 3 June 2018
- Sunday 1 July 2018
- Sunday 5 August 2018
- Sunday 2 September 2018
- Sunday 7 October 2018
- Sunday 4 November 2018
Location: Lymington Road Coach Station, Lymington Road, Torquay
Date: Second and fourth Sunday of every month (not December or January)
Time: 9 am to 1pm only
- Sunday 11 and Sunday 25 February 2018
- Sunday 11 and Sunday 25 March 2018
- Sunday 8 and Sunday 22 April 2018
- Sunday 13 and Sunday 27 May 2018
- Sunday 10 and Sunday 24 June 2018
- Sunday 8 and Sunday 22 July 2018
- Sunday 12 and Sunday 26 August 2018
- Sunday 9 and Sunday 23 September 2018
- Sunday 14 and Sunday 28 October 2018
- Sunday 11 and Sunday 25 November 2018
You can also take your garden waste to the recycling centre in Paignton or you could think about composting. We can help you by offering reduced price compost bins or advice and support in starting a community composting project.
This plant is categorised as a noxious weed and as such must be disposed responsibly by the owner at a licensed site. Failure to do so can result in unlimited fines. TOR2 have no legal requirement to accept it at the Recycling centre and anyone found trying to mix it with our green garden waste should be prosecuted. More information can be found on the Environment Agency Opens in a new window website.
- Where is the tip (recycling centre)?
- When is my bin collected?
- What to do with garden waste
- What can I do with bulky waste?
- What goes in my bin?
- My bin hasn't been collected
- Get a clinical or sharps waste collection
- Where are the recycling banks?
- Get a new/replacement bin
- Flats and communal collections
- Recycle electrical items
- Get an assisted collection
- How can I reduce my waste?
- Commercial waste collections
- Recycling card and paper
- Recycling Metal
- Recycling Glass
- Pledge to Compost
- Waste Disposal
- Litter and litter bins