Online applications are made via the Planning Portal and can save paper and money.
To make an application users must be registered with the portal.
Please make sure you read the following advice before submitting plans and documents:
- You must check what plans and documents must be submitted with your application type first. Applicants for all householder applications should please read the checklist and the accompanying guidance notes for plans and documents before submitting any details to us.
- Should be submitted as electronic attachments
- Preferable drawing sizes are A3 and A4.
- If you send the plans to us electronically ensure they are sent as PDF files (other file types such as jpg files cannot be scaled from although photos can be submitted as jpg file types) and individual files should be no larger than 5Mb.
- Please do not submit multi page files, instead submit each plan as a separate document.
If you need technical assistance with your online application help is available from the Planning Portal Help Centre service Opens in a new window.