The Planning Portal is the Government’s website for planning and gives national guidelines on what developments can be undertaken under Permitted Development.
Common householder projects include:
- Conservatories Opens in a new window
- Decking Opens in a new window
- Doors and Windows Opens in a new window
- Extensions Opens in a new window (including Larger Home Extensions)
- Change of use (including Prior Approval Schemes)
- Planning Portal Opens in a new window
- Apartments, maisonettes, flats and commercial premises Opens in a new window
Please note that apartments, maisonettes, flats and commercial do not have permitted development rights. This means that, in most cases, an application will be required for changes to the exterior and changes of use.
- These are guidelines only and will not tell you if your property benefits from permitted development rights.
- We cannot answer these enquiries over the phone.