Building or demolition works can cause problems for neighbours of the site. You can reduce or avoid causing any nuisance to the neighbours, or action being taken by the council, if you follow this advice:
- You may need to notify Building Control.
- Statutory undertakers should also be notified in order that they may arrange for their services to be properly sealed.
- Deal promptly with any complaints received on site.
- Keep noise, dust and smoke to a minimal level so as not to cause a statutory nuisance.
In order to minimise obstructions and damage to pavements please:
- Do not let vehicles or materials block or damage the pavements.
- Do not leave obstacles, holes or trenches where they could cause an accident.
We may charge you for any damage caused to pavements, kerbs or verges by lorries or heavy plant.
For further information or advice on demolitions enforcement contact Building Control.
If you require the installation of utilities (gas, electric and water) and require a road closure please note that you will be required to submit an application for Road Closures and Diversions to general traffic.