“Music education has been proven to not only give young people a life-long love of music but to improve whole child development in a number of important ways.
Music has been shown to improve behaviour, literacy, numeracy as well as enhancing overall attainment. Music is not just a passion but an important part of helping children grow into responsible, well balanced and aware citizens of the future.” - Federation of Music Services, May 2011
Torbay Music Education Hub (lead organisation: Torbay Music Service, Torbay Council)
Inspiring and enabling a musical journey for every young person in Torbay
The Torbay Music Education Hub is a partnership of schools and organisations, working together to plan and provide for the musical needs of all Young People in Torbay.
To find out about what’s on offer please go to www.creativetorbay.com/torbaymusicservice .
We are commited to builidng partnerships with local Music providers. Therefore, where we do not provide the activity you are looking for, we can usually point you in the right direction. Please contact us with any queries. If you are a local Music Provider and you are interested in working with us, please get in touch also.
Instrumental tutors – Freelance instrumental tutors are invited to join the Music Service’s bank of teachers. Please download an Instrumental Tuition Bank Application application form.
What we do
- First Access Instrumental Tuition – Every child is provided with the opportunity to learn to play a musical instrument during their time in school. To find out more, please contact your child’s school.
- Instrument Hire – Our bank of musical instruments which are available for hire, before any decision is made to buy.
- Bands & Ensembles - We have a wide variety of group music-making opportunities for all types of music, ages and abilities. These include Rock Groups, Steel Bands, Orchestras, Swing Bands and so on.
- Grants/Bursery Scheme - Help with fees for instrumental tuition, local, regional and national ensembles, orchestras and courses.
- TAPA Interactive – Our online resource bank for teachers and musicians
- Sing Up – An online resource of singing resources and CPD opportunities
- Torbay Schools’ Festival of Performing Arts – This event in 2013 was a great success with over two thousand performers experiencing the excitement and achievement associated with performing. 2014’s festival will take place from the 24 March 2014 - 2 April 2014.
- Other Events - One off workshops, competitions, jamming sessions and other such events take place throughout the year. More information can be found at www.creativetorbay.com/torbaymusicservice .
All documents open in a new window. Need more help with documents? View the Document Help page.
- Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra
- Creative Torbay
- South West Music School
- Torbay and South Devon Music Centre
- Wren Music
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01803 208917
- Fax: 01803 208212