Book groups are free to join for all adult (over 16) members of the library, and you can attend whichever meeting is convenient for you.
We provide limited copies of each title on the reading list, but you are welcome to purchase your own. The tone is friendly, informal and non-academic.
Monthly Meeting Times
- Paignton Library - Third Friday of the month at 2pm
- Brixham Library - Fourth Monday of the month at 2:15pm
- Churston Library - Fourth Thursday of the month at 2pm
- Torquay Library - Fourth Thursday of the month at 2pm
Meeting dates are subject to occasional variations and there are no meetings in September.
How to join
To join a group, ask at your local library for a Book Group membership form. We only require basic contact details and you will be added to our mailing list and sent a schedule of meetings together with our current book list.
Do you run your own Book Group?
If you run your own book group we can offer your group:
- A book list of over 100 titles for you to choose from. Most are available in sets of 10 copies.
- A free reservation process to book your club’s titles for the coming months.
- An extended 6 week loan period.
If you would like to register for our service to book groups, just ask for an external book group form at your local library (or email us), complete the details on the form and we'll send you a letter, book list and booking form.
Please note that you, or a nominated person in your group, must be a current library member.
- Look for, reserve or renew
- Online information services
- Library events
- Find a library
- Book time on a computer
- Join the library
- Children's and young people's library
- Look for an eBook or eAudio Book
- Library charges
- Reading Well Books on prescription
- Inter-library loans
- Join a book group
- Volunteer for us
- New books
- Local studies
- Help for jobseekers
- Exhibition space
- Meeting rooms
- Item locations
- Books on Wheels
- Libraries Unlimited FAQs