Sport Relief offers small sports grants for voluntary and community groups. Sport Relief was set up by Comic Relief and BBC Sport to use the power and passion of sport to tackle the exclusion and isolation experienced by the poorest and most disadvantaged communities.
The funds are used to strengthen communities through sport and to provide opportunities for socially disadvantaged or excluded people.
They support community groups who are creating projects that:
- increase participation levels of people who face social exclusion and isolation.
- help people who are experiencing difficulties in their lives regain their self confidence and self esteem.
- encourage people to take part in sporting activities that bring communities together.
Sport Relief Grants range from £250 to £5000 and the funding stream is managed by the Devon Community Foundation (DCF). They look to support projects working across all ages and groups from all corners of the County and will often support part funding projects.
The DCF are happy to discuss the suitability of your project with you before you apply. For further information please visit Devon Community Foundation Opens in a new window website or telephone 01884 235887.
- Torbay Lottery
- Parks, play and open spaces
- Tor Bay Harbour
- Museums and theatres
- Creative Torbay
- Community Partnerships
- Armed forces and veterans
- Filming in Torbay
- Torquay Harbour Webcam
- Venue Hire
- Getting the best from your Torbay holiday on a budget
- Population Statistics
- Apply to hold an event on our land