Sportivate is a £32 million Lottery programme that gives 14-25 year olds access to six-week courses in a range of sports and physical activity.
The programme is aimed at those who are not currently choosing to take part in sport or physical activity in their own time, or are doing so for a very limited amount of time, and will support them to continue playing sport in their community after the six weeks is up.
Sportivate is fully inclusive and targets participants across the group, including young people who have a disability, males and females and people from BME groups.
In Torbay we aim to use the Sportivate Campaign to ensure that more teenagers and young adults have the opportunity to find a sports activity that is attractive, affordable and accessible to them, with the ultimate aim of supporting them into life-long participation.
The Sportivate application process will open again in January 2016.
Year 5 Priorities
Any project will need to be in line with the Sportivate criteria. However we are specifically encouraging and will be giving priority to projects which target one or more of the following;
- The 19-25 age group.
- Delivery of female focused projects.
- Those projects where participation is most likely to continue following the Sportivate Project.
- Those projects that target young people have taken part in 30 minutes of sport/activity day for 3 days or less in the last 28 days and would generally deemed to be inactive.
- Engage, retain and sustain hard-to-reach groups e.g. disabled or black and minority ethnic young people.
If you are interested in delivering Sportivate please contact us.
Alternatively you can visit the Active Devon: Sportivate Opens in a new window website for further information, answers to FAQs and to view the application form.
- Torbay Lottery
- Parks, play and open spaces
- Tor Bay Harbour
- Museums and theatres
- Creative Torbay
- Community Partnerships
- Armed forces and veterans
- Filming in Torbay
- Torquay Harbour Webcam
- Venue Hire
- Getting the best from your Torbay holiday on a budget
- Population Statistics
- Apply to hold an event on our land