The circuit is the only outdoor closed road circuit in Devon and Cornwall and can accommodate amateur and professional cycling and a range of other sporting activities.
There are three different distance options that the Velopark offers:
- Whole Track: 1.5km
Bike and helmet hire on site for just £4.50 a session, baby trailers will also be available.
A lane system will be in place, similar to swimming, whereby people will have the chance to participate in the fast or slow lane.
The Park offers a dog-free activity area that includes bike and helmet hire, an office and a rest area. For access to Changing Facilities please contact the Lex Leisure on 01803 659711 or email email@example.com.
- All cyclist must wear helmets when on the circuit
- The whole circuit is only available for public use when there are no club or other booked sessions in progress.
- Only ride in the direction indicated on the “Ride this way” board.
- Respect any barriers that close off a part of the circuit. Even at times when the public are allowed access to the circuit, there may be a booking for one or two of the small loops.
- Warn other riders of your approach & allow plenty of room when overtaking – remember, not everyone is as confident riding a bike as you may be.
- Please give way to faster riders and especially fast moving training groups.
- Coaching activities may only be undertaken by a suitably qualified coach, who is registered with Torbay Council & the Torbay Velo Park User Group.
- Coaches working at the circuit must adhere to all Health & Safety Guidelines for the circuit and operate best practice for coaching at all times.
- Other sports uses cannot take place on the same circuit at the same time as cycling without permission of the site manager.
- Contact the site manager to report any incident.
- Please do not leave litter or debris on the circuit place in the litter bins provided at the main entrance.
- Strictly no dogs are allowed on site with the exception of guide dogs.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- No smoking allowed within the Velopark area.