If permission is granted for the event, the applicant/company/organiser hereby agree to comply with the General conditions of Hire Recreation Land form and all reasonable instructions given by all authorised Officers of the Council.
The hirer shall:
Not use the site for any purpose other than that for which the agreement shall be granted.
Not assign or transfer the benefit of the agreement.
Allow the Officers of the Council at all times to have full right of access to the site for the purpose of inspecting or examining the same and the applicant shall at all times comply with their instructions or requirements. Our event guide is designed to help organisers plan and safely run their event. The HSE also produce a guide on managing crowds safely Opens in a new window and further guidance is available in the Purple Guide Opens in a new window.
Guidance for event organisers and organisations proposing to hold an event within Torbay
Not carry on or allow or permit to be carried on unlawful betting and gaming.
Not play or permit to be played music of any description or use or permit the use of loudspeakers, amplifiers, whistles, bells or other noisy instruments without the prior written agreement of the Council and in no case later than 2200. A Premises Licence for (Entertainment only) may be held on the land required for your event. Contact 208861 for the full list of sites and Conditions. If not and your event is public and consists of music, dancing, singing or similar you will need to apply for a Temporary Event Notice.
Comply with the requirements of the Council or the Officer of the Fire Authority as to the provision of proper means for the extinguishing of fire and to complete a fire risk assessment
Not permit painting, advertisement or other notices or signs whatsoever to be exhibited on the site except with the previous written agreement of the Council and the hirer shall be responsible for advertising activities in connection with the hiring and in particular shall be deemed to have full control of any advertising agents employed or otherwise used. If any person carries out fly-posting in connection with the hiring, then this Agreement shall be immediately cancelled and if any deposit paid shall be forfeited to the Council and may be used by the Council to offset the cost of removing unauthorised advertising material.
Not exhibit or give as prizes any fish, birds or live animals. No livestock to be used for the purpose of riding or amusement by the public. Unless in agreed circumstances with the prior written consent of the Council.
Not encroach on any other land of the Council or any highway but shall conduct the activity for which the permission shall be granted and keep all equipment and other things of whatsoever kind used for or in connection therewith within the site, save that vehicles shall not be permitted on turf without the prior written authority of the Council.
Apply to the Council for any on-site parking requirements during the event. All other vehicles are restricted to loading and unloading. There will be suspension of all vehicle movement on site during the event.
Any unauthorised vehicles will result in the organiser being charged £25 per vehicle. In all cases the hirer is responsible for the enforcement of parking restrictions.
All applications should be accompanied by a site plan showing the approximate layout of the event (not less than 12 weeks before the date of the event), including:
- A medical plan to cover all those attending the event
- The number of tents/kiosks/marquees
- A litter/waste plan to cover the whole area of the event
- The approximate size and location of any structure
- The total area to be taken up by the event
- Notification to the Council of marquee erection and dismantling dates (not less than 12 weeks prior to the event)
In the case of Paignton Central Green, a space adjacent to the play park must be kept clear and access permitted via the highway to the location through the event space, which maybe used by the Council for the operation of a concession.
No stall or ride attraction will be permitted without prior written consent of the Council.
Keep and maintain the site in a clean and tidy condition (providing litter bins, skips where necessary) and take all necessary steps to prevent any inconvenience or annoyance to the Council or owners, or occupiers of neighbouring property or to members of the public. The hirer shall be responsible and have a duty of care for the clearing and removal of all waste. On the expiration of the period of occupation the hirer to deliver up the site to the Council in a clean, tidy and orderly condition. If this has not been completed to the satisfaction of the council officer it shall be lawful for the Council to do such works as deemed necessary and recover the cost thereof from the hirer.
On the termination of the hiring forthwith repair all damage that is likely to occur on the site and to the footpaths and carriageway crossings surrounding the site. It shall be lawful for the Council to do such works as deemed necessary and recover the cost thereof from the hirer. (Such works are likely to be programmed at a later date out of the main season).
Ensure that all relevant consents and licences incidental to the use of the site are obtained and that there is full compliance with all relevant statutory provisions including those relating to entertainment licence, PRS Licence, public health, supply of water, food hygiene, planning, waste and health and safety at work. Charity events must obtain charitable street collections consent.
Not make any charge to the public in respect of admission to the site without the express written permission of the Council.
In the case of hirings of Paignton Green, the siting of the refreshment outlets shall be at the sole discretion and to the complete satisfaction of the Council.
- Note that licensed bars or sales of alcohol are not permitted at events on any Council owned land, unless in agreed circumstances with the prior written permission of the Council.
- Provide any equipment required for their activity. All equipment shall be suitable for its purpose and in such a condition as not to cause nuisance, annoyance, injury or damage to any person or property and shall be remove as soon as the activity is concluded. All such equipment shall comply with all Health and Safety requirements and be covered by a current public liability insurance against defect and use.
- Be responsible for personally verifying the legality of every stall and attraction that is to attend and for ensuring that they have adequate public liability insurance, and that their charity registration numbers are displayed on the day of hire.
- Hold evidence of such compliance on site during the event.
- that all funds raised have been distributed locally
- the total amount received during or as a result of the activity
- the amount of money sent to the charity named as beneficiary
- the manner of disposing of the balance (if any); and
The Council reserves the right to not grant the use of facilities in future years where certificates have not been returned in accordance with these regulations.
All accounts for services provided by the Council will be rendered directly to the hirer/organiser.
The hirer to comply with all byelaws relevant to the area to be used.
A complete list of all outlets planning to provide/sell food must be sent to:
Food Safety Team
Food Safety Team
In these conditions the 'Council' means the Council of Torbay and includes any officer nominated to carry out such duties on behalf of the Council.
- Torbay Lottery
- Parks, play and open spaces
- Tor Bay Harbour
- Museums and theatres
- Creative Torbay
- Community Partnerships
- Armed forces and veterans
- Filming in Torbay
- Torquay Harbour Webcam
- Venue Hire
- Getting the best from your Torbay holiday on a budget
- Population Statistics
- Apply to hold an event on our land