The Beach Hut Users Group (BHUG) committee, formed in March 2006 to enable owners and tenants to play an active role in the management of beach huts around Torbay. By joining forces we can have our say on the future of our beach huts whilst reaping the benefits of being part of a group
The group tackles issues such as anti-social behaviour, vandalism, beach facilities, police liaison, beach hut supplies and insurance and also considers any other matters raised by members at the Annual General Meeting.
We are always looking for more members, especially from sites in the north of the Bay such as Meadfoot and Corbyn. Please contact us for further information on becoming a member. Membership for 2018 and 2019 (if ratified at the AGM in March 2018) will be £5 and all beach hut users may join and become a voting member.
- Acting Chairman - Jennie Davies
- Secretary - Roger Bowden
- Treasurer - Mick Midcalf
- Broadsands - Wendy French and Mick Midcalf
- Goodrington, Roundham, Youngs Park and North - John Royce and Christine Howle
- Goodrington: South - Roger Bowden and Jo Doney
- Preston: Sea Facing, Green Facing - Jennie Davies and Sara Della Grotta Nunn
- Preston: Marine Parade - Jennie Davies
- Corbyn Head - Dominique Gazard
- Meadfoot - Tracy Rowe
The BHUG produce an annual newsletter for hut users distributed in January with the invoices for Beach Huts.