Submitting your plans online
- Try to submit your plans at the same time as you submit your other documents.
- When naming your electronic files the filenames you give them should reflect the content, eg. Front Elevation Existing. This will help us to register and validate your application smoothly.
- Mark the original paper sizes on all drawings e.g. A3, A1. This ensures that the scale and dimensions remain accurate if printed. Note that the scale becomes inaccurate when a margin is added to a drawing (shrink to fit distortion).
- Try to avoid multiple images on a single drawing and instead please provide only single drawings per file.
- Site location plans - We recommend that site location plans and block plans are purchased online using the Planning Portal: Plan Providers and provided as separate A4 or A3 drawings to support your application.
- All drawings must include a scale bar and at least one key dimension (in addition to the original paper size – see 4 above).
- Supporting documents and attachments must be in PDF format. CAD drawings converted into PDF should be created in landscape format to ensure the correct orientation for on screen display. Free CAD to PDF conversion tools are available from Cute PDF and PDF 995 .
- Limit the size of individual documents to 5MB. The Planning Portal will not accept larger file sizes than this.
- Any documentation that exceeds the 5MB limit should be broken down into smaller parts and submitted separately. Each section should have a clear reference and labelling. For example “Design & Access Statement - Part 1”, “Design & Access Statement - Part 2” etc.
- Complete the forms in sentence case – normal upper and lower case .
- Writing with a capital letter at the start of each sentence - to aid the LPA in processing it.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 01803 207801