Traditional Environmental Health services have been grouped together with licensing, trading standards, street wardens, etc. to form the Community Safety Business Unit. The department now has responsibility for a wide range of public health, safety & welfare functions. Many are commonly know, such as Food Safety & Trading Standards; to the more unusual such as a wide range of Licensing activities & the monitoring of School Meals.
Although the Business Unit has responsibility for enforcing numerous pieces of legislation, the use of enforcement powers is just one of the tools we use to promote and protect public safety & health.
The Business Unit comprises the following teams:
- Neighbourhoods: including Statutory Nuisance, Noisy Neighbours, Air Quality & Drainage problems in Private Sewers Drains., Anti-Social Behaviour, Street Wardens, Dog Wardens, Contaminated Land and the enforcement of environmental crime issues such as littering and fly-tipping
- Housing Standards: including housing hazards, empty property investigations, housing grants, Home Improvement Service, the licensing of Caravan Sites and Houses of Multiple Occupancy, Landlord Accreditation, Cosy Devon referrals, etc.
- Food and Safety: including inspection of Food Premises, advice on Food Labelling, Infectious Disease Control, Health Initiatives, School Meals Client Monitoring & Food Sampling, Health & Safety at Work, Weights and Measures, Fair Trading, etc
- Licensing and Public Protection: including Licensing Act 2003, Taxis, Private Hire Vehicles, Petroleum Licensing, Fireworks,Poisons, Skin Piercing, Safety Inspections of Workplace & Accident Investigations, Animal Health, Product Safety, etc.
- Safer Communities Torbay: including the statutory Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership, the Family Intervention Programme, Domestic Abuse, You Said We Did, user involvement, community safety projects, etc.
- Community Partnership
- Risk Management
- The management of the Cemeteries and Crematorium contract with Westerleigh Group
If you would like to make any comments or assist in improving our policy please contact us.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 01803 208025
- Fax: 01803 208854