Torbay Council

Cookie Policy

What do the Regulations Cover?

Building Regulations opens in a new window are divided into parts and are explained in approved documents opens in a new window that cover the following subjects:
First, a valid application must be received prior to the commencement of any building work, provided you are not doing gas, electrical or glazing work that is covered by a self certification scheme. Your application may take the form of a Building Notice (only available for certain domestic work) or Full Plans application.
Plans submitted under the Full Plans procedure are examined for compliance with the regulations and an approval is issued at the appropriate time. Under both methods the work is inspected at various stages again to ensure the requirements of the regulations are being met.
Fees are payable on submission and where relevant, after the first commencement site visit.
Your application can be submitted online through opens in a new window. This facility is offered free of charge and works with all CAD applications. It eliminates the need to send multiple paper plans and is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. To register or find out more information on how you can save time and money visit opens in a new window.

Related Documents

All documents open in a new window. Need more help with documents? View the Document Help page.

Related Websites


Related Pages