Torbay Council

Cookie Policy

Charges for Building Regulations work

Charges are made to cover the cost of the Building Regulations part of the overall Building Control Service. The standard charges are listed in our fees advice note and for all works that are not listed, a specific quotation will be given, in writing, having regard to factors such as the compexity of the proposals and the extent of Building Control involvement.

Changes to Building Regualtions Charges from 1 October 2012

Building Regulations charges will be increasing from 1 October 2012. Please see the 'Fees and Charges from 1 October 2012' document in the Related Documents section of this page for further details.

Full Plans Submission

Building Notice Procedure

It should be noted that:
Finally, please ensure that you have all the necessary permissions and approvals for the proposed work, e.g. Planning and Listed Building Consent and that you have discharged your obligations under other legislation, e.g. Party Wall Act. opens in a new window

What happens if the work is unauthorised and already completed?

A property owner can apply to the local authority for a Regularisation Certificate in respect of ‘unauthorised ‘building work. This means work which was carried out on or after 11 November 1985 and which should have been subject to the Building Regulations procedures but was not, can be assessed for compliance. The work may need to be opened up and remedial work may be required prior to the issuing of a certificate.
A Regularisation Certificate is evidence (but not conclusive evidence) that the requirements of the Building Regulations in force at the time when the work was carried out have been complied with.

Related Documents

All documents open in a new window. Need more help with documents? View the Document Help page.

Related Websites


Related Pages