If you have nowhere to stay tonight or your accommodation is not safe for you, for example because of domestic violence, we will see you the same day.

If you are homeless or if you’re worried you might lose your home the earlier you talk to us, the better chance we have of being able to help you.

Ask for housing advice

Our office is open Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm. If you become homeless or are at risk of violence when we are closed, we operate an out of hours service. This service is for emergencies only and is not able to give general advice. You can contact them on 0300 456 4876. If you are in danger you should call the police on 999.

If you have a hearing impairment, you can contact the out of hours service on 07810 54 8004.

How we can help

We can help you by:

  • Talking with you about possible solutions to your housing needs.
  • Give you free, impartial and confidential advice (unless we feel that you are in a danger and then we will have to share information about you with our partners to help keep you safe).
  • Try to support you to stay in your own home
  • Support you to find alternative accommodation.

Our service can give you information, carry out case work, advocate on your behalf and signpost you to other relevant services.

Other services that offer help

Leonards Stocks Centre

Factory Row

They have a drop-in for rough sleepers 8:30am to 10:30am Monday to Friday and can give you advice on:

  • Housing
  • Drug and alcohol issues
  • Benefits

Street Link

This service offers the public a means to act when they see someone sleeping rough, and is the first step someone can take to ensure rough sleepers are connected to the local services and support available to them.

Tell us about a rough sleeper  Opens in a new window   I am rough sleeping  Opens in a new window

Problems paying your rent

If you’re struggling to pay your rent, take action straight away. Speak with your housing provider or landlord and explain the situation. Get advice from the  Citizens Advice  Opens in a new window  and/or a debt advisor.

You may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit to help with your rent if you have low income.

If you cannot afford the shortfall between your rent and your Housing Benefit you may be able to get extra help through Discretionary Housing Payments. These are short term awards and should not be relied on as a permanent additional income.