The coast between Durlston Head, near Swanage and Rame Head near Plymouth, which includes Torbay, is covered by a Shoreline Management Plan (SMP) which is produce by the South Devon and Dorset Coastal Authorities Group.
Management of the coastline rests with a number of organisations, principally local authorities and the Environment Agency Opens in a new window but occasionally principle landowners and coastal industries also have management responsibilities. Those organisations having this role for the coastline between Durlston Head and Rame Head are now beginning to prepare a review of the SMP to guide the management of the coast for the next 100 years. In carrying out this work it is important that the needs, concerns and aspirations of those with an interest in the coast, the stakeholders, are taken into account.
- Current emergencies
- Our role before, during and after an emergency
- How you can prepare for an emergency
- Flooding and extreme weather
- Safer Communities Torbay
- Preventing violent extremism and terrorism
- Advice on business continuity
- Bonfire Night safety advice
- Halloween safety advice
- Festive safety advice
- Report a crime or concern
- Fire safety advice