As a Lead Local Flood Authority (LLFA), we have a duty to investigate all significant flood events (more than 5 properties internally flooded during a storm event).
You can help us by reporting flooding incidents to 01803 550405 and online at SWIM - Report property flooding Opens in a new window.
If your home or business is flooded during a severe weather event you may be able to apply for financial support from the government. Information on the financial support schemes that have been made available following a flood will be provided here.
Guidance and advice
- National Flood Forum: Ready for flooding - before, during and after Opens in a new window
- What to do before, during and after a flood Opens in a new window
- Association of British Insurers Opens in a new window
- Flood Recovery Guidance Opens in a new window
- Repair and Restoration of buildings following floods Opens in a new window
- Public Health Guidance and Advice Opens in a new window
- Flooding food safety advice Opens in a new window
- Current emergencies
- Our role before, during and after an emergency
- How you can prepare for an emergency
- Flooding and extreme weather
- Safer Communities Torbay
- Preventing violent extremism and terrorism
- Advice on business continuity
- Bonfire Night safety advice
- Halloween safety advice
- Festive safety advice
- Report a crime or concern
- Fire safety advice