The Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) programme in Torbay is to support you as the newly qualified social worker in establishing yourself within your new role.
The ASYE will provide you with learning opportunities and support you to complete a portfolio of evidence to show your journey as you go from final placement to an autonomous social worker. This portfolio will also form part of your evidence to complete your first post-graduate module with Bournemouth University.
Why do we offer our Newly Qualified Social Workers this programme?
- To help to improve skills, competence and confidence through high quality training opportunities,
- Enable the employer to provide focused supervision, support and guidance,
- Contribute to post graduate training and
- Provide peer support
- An immediate review of the Knowledge and Skills Statements to enable a Learning Agreement to be put in place which supports your learning needs within your new role and team.
- Reduced caseload to enable you to access learning and development opportunities.
- Compulsory Torbay Safeguarding Children Board training.
- Bi-Monthly Action Learning Sets.
- Joint Preceptorship with newly qualified health professionals to support multi-agency learning.
- Four day specialist ASYE induction programme.
- Weekly supervision followed by Fortnightly supervision for the first six months.
- A caseload that reflects your level of professional development.
- Review meeting with your Head of Service at six months to ensure you’re progressing well.
- Support from the Workforce Development Lead and Practice Educator to complete your portfolio.
Record of Achievement
Engagement with the NQSW programme will evidence how you meet the Knowledge and Skills statement (KSS) as an NQSW. This record will support linking your understanding of the Professional Capability Framework to the KSS.
Have any further questions?
Use the contact information on the right to find out more about what we can offer you in Torbay as Newly Qualified Social Worker.
- How the council works
- Get a job working for us
- Get in touch
- Voting and elections
- Finance and budgets
- Plans, policies and strategies
- Information and data
- Honorary Freeman of Torbay
- Brixham Town Council
- Pay an invoice
- Performance Management
- Achievements and awards
- Fraud within or against the council
- Fit for the future
- Transformation Programme
- 0-19yrs Integrated Commissioning Project