An Apprenticeship is a job with training both in the work place and with an accredited Training Provider. They are work-based training programmes where you can earn wages, gain a new qualification and knowledge and learn key skills. Programmes will run between 1 and 2 years depending on the course, but in some cases there may be opportunity for progression higher levels of Apprenticeships or other forms of study.
All Apprentices will have access to:
- Regular supervision and support with their line manager.
- A dedicated mentor within the organisation.
- Day to day support from colleagues, peers and assessor.
- Opportunity to apply for Jobs within the Council and support in doing so.
- Access to a wide range of in-house training opportunities.
- Access to work place coaching.
As a local authority the range of services that we provide is diverse and this means that you could be working in:
- Highways Management
- Children’s Social Care
- Business Administration
- Human Resources and Payroll
- Communications and Marketing
- Financial Services
We advertise our vacancies each year between April and June, on our own website and also through the National Apprentice Service.
You will need to complete an application form to apply.
If you have any questions or would like further information on Apprentices then email email@example.com or follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
- How the council works
- Get a job working for us
- Get in touch
- Voting and elections
- Finance and budgets
- Plans, policies and strategies
- Information and data
- Honorary Freeman of Torbay
- Brixham Town Council
- Pay an invoice
- Performance Management
- Achievements and awards
- Fraud within or against the council
- Fit for the future
- Transformation Programme
- 0-19yrs Integrated Commissioning Project