In order to improve openness and transparency in public spending we are required to publish details of items of expenditure over £500. The data is taken directly from the council's financial management system and the amounts shown exclude the VAT element.
There are some items of expenditure that are excluded from the reports. These are:
- Payments of less than £500 (NET)
- Banking investments
- Payments relating to employee and member remuneration
- Payments relating to benefits and homelessness payments
- Payments relating to vulnerable people or children (i.e. Foster Carers/Social Care)
Individual report lines may include payments under £500 for the following reasons:
- All expenditure relating to Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Organisations is included, regardless of value
- The invoice for more than £500 has been broken down across different areas of expenditure
- The invoice contains multiple lines and together they total more than £500.
We have chosen to provide information on payments to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations by tagging and hence specifically identifying transactions which relate to those organisations within published data on expenditure over £500 (from February 2015). All transactions relating to VCSEs will be included regardless of value.
Those organisation types we have identified on our current creditors list as needing to be included are:
- Community groups
- Community Interest Companies
- Community Partnerships
- Not for profit organisations
- Social enterprises
- Voluntary organisations
Charities - those registered with the Charity Commission.
Churches, Community Interest Companies (CIC) – these have been identified by their name.
Academy Schools have not been included.
Others - Some have been identified by their name (Scout/Guide Groups, Citizens Advice etc). Others have needed more investigation. This has involved looking at actual invoices from the organisations and /or the organisation website where details of the organisation and its set up and vision/mission is sought. If you see any omissions can you contact
- How the council works
- Get a job working for us
- Get in touch
- Voting and elections
- Finance and budgets
- Plans, policies and strategies
- Information and data
- Honorary Freeman of Torbay
- Brixham Town Council
- Pay an invoice
- Performance Management
- Achievements and awards
- Fraud within or against the council
- Fit for the future
- Transformation Programme
- 0-19yrs Integrated Commissioning Project