Certain products have age restrictions attached to them and can’t be sold to people under a specified age. These include:
- Knives and axes
- Lottery tickets
- Solvents, fuel, butane & lighter fuel
- Computer games
- Aerosol paints
We are responsible for making sure that businesses comply with their legal responsibilities.
If you sell any age restricted products you must have a Premises Age Verification Policy in place. The Premises Age Verification Policy document can be used to help you comply with that requirement. It must be read by all staff, signed and dated.
We have guidance and training resources available that you may find useful, including a video called “No Proof, No Sale” for you and your staff. Please contact us if you would like a copy of the DVD or to have access to other resources.
Further information can also be found on the following websites:
- Business rates
- Commercial waste
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Trading Standards advice for businesses
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Ultrafast fibre optic broadband
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy