If you wish to operate a public weighbridge in Torbay, you need a certificate issued by the Chief Inspector for Weights and Measures. Contact us for more information.
A certificate is only issued when the Chief Inspector is satisfied that you are capable of carrying out the operation of a Public Weighbridge.
If your application is unsuccessful you can contact us in the first instance.
You can contact the Secretary of State if your application is refused:
Secretary of State, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
1 Victoria Street
If you have a complaint contact the operator concerned by letter. If you are not satisfied with their response you can contactfor advice. If the issue concerns a European operator contact the
- Business rates
- Commercial waste
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Trading Standards advice for businesses
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Ultrafast fibre optic broadband
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy