If you wish to operate a public weighbridge in Torbay, you need a certificate issued by the Chief Inspector for Weights and Measures. Contact us for more information.

  Trading Standards Enquiries

A certificate is only issued when the Chief Inspector is satisfied that you are capable of carrying out the operation of a Public Weighbridge.

If your application is unsuccessful you can contact us in the first instance.

You can contact the Secretary of State if your application is refused:

Secretary of State, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills
1 Victoria Street

Web:  Department for Business Industry and Skills  Opens in a new window

If you have a complaint contact the operator concerned by letter.  If you are not satisfied with their response you can contact Citizens Advice  Opens in a new window for advice.  If the issue concerns a European operator contact the UK European Consumer Centre  Opens in a new window