You must be registered with us if you want to exhibit, use or train performing animals. This includes the static display of animals.
Applicants should ensure that they have taken all necessary steps to protect the welfare of the animal and consider matters such as the number and length of performances undertaken in a given period.
You will need to demonstrate to us:
- That the animals are obtained from reputable sources to minimise the risk of disease
- That there are measures in place to protect the animals in the event of an emergency such as fire
- That regular health and safety checks are carried out
View the Performing Animals (Regulation) Act 1925 Opens in a new window for details of the restrictions in place for any potential applicant.
We have a policy that no circuses involving performing animals shall be allowed on any of our land.
You can apply for a new licence or a renewal by completing an application form and sending it us along with the correct fee.
You must tell us if you make a change to the types or numbers of animals you use in public performances.
The fee for the registration is £116 plus the cost of vets fees if required.
- Business rates
- Commercial waste
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses