We inspect food businesses in Torbay on a regular basis to make sure they meet the requirements of the law and provide food that is safe to eat.
If you have concerns about the hygiene standards in a food business in Torbay please tell us. We will then make a decision on whether to investigate depending on the risk to public health.
We can investigate:
- Dirty and unhygienic kitchens and food preparation areas
- Poor food handling practices such as staff handling raw meat products and ready to eat foods without hand washing in between
- Smoking within a food premises
- Sightings of rats, mice, cockroaches and other food pests.
We can't investigate:
- Minor complaints of dirty cutlery or glasses
- Shops selling food beyond it’s 'best before' date
- Dated decor or damp rooms.
If your complaint involves a food premises outside of Torbay, please contact the appropriate local authority Opens in a new window.
- Business rates
- Commercial waste
- Licensing and permits
- Support for your business
- Consumer advice
- Food safety
- Health and safety at work
- Safer workplace, better business
- Business services
- Supply us with goods or services
- Find a commercial property to lease
- Find a commercial property to buy
- Find a business event
- Trading Standards advice for businesses