We have a number of Street Wardens in Torbay. Street Wardens wear a uniform and their job is to: help people to feel safe and well in the community, help keep our environment clean and tidy and bring residents together to run projects and have fun.
Our Street Wardens work in:
- Torre, Hele, Barton and the Town Centre in Torquay
- Foxhole in Paignton
The types of things the Street Wardens do include:
- Patrol the streets.
- Deal with anti-social behaviour, abandoned vehicles, graffiti, damage to street furniture, and fly tipping.
- Provide a link between local people and organisations, like us and the Police.
- Work with community groups to help make local projects happen.
- Go to community meetings to update residents on news and help with problems if they can.
- Give information to residents about staying safer and keeping well.
- Arrange community clean up events.
- Can help provide home fire safety checks.
- Issue fixed penalty notices for dog fouling.