TOR2 carry out the following on our behalf across Torbay:
- Clean town centres daily
- Remove fly tipping from Council land
- Provide and empty litter bins
- Collect litter from roads and pavements
- Beach cleaning
- Remove and dispose of dead animals on the road or pavement
You can help us reduce the amount of litter by:
- Putting your litter and chewing gum in bins provided
- Take your litter home if there isn't a litter bin
- Take unwanted items to the Recycling Centre (HWRC)
- Cleaning up after your dog
Littering is when someone drops, throws or otherwise deposits waste and then leaves. It is a criminal offence to leave litter and we can issue a fine (also known as a Fixed Penalty Notice) for littering.
A Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) is issued as an alternative to a prosecution at Court. If you have been issued with a Fixed Penalty Notice you can either pay it within the timescale shown on the notice, or your case may go to Court for criminal prosecution.
We will treat members of the public with respect and expect the same in return. Please note that we will not tolerate abusive behaviour towards our staff.
Paying a FPN
The FPN charge for littering in Torbay is £80. There is no discount for early payment of a FPN for littering.
You can pay a FPN by calling 01803 208025 (between 9am and 5pm), selecting the related options and quoting the reference number which is shown at the top right of the notice. Alternatively you can pay online.